Help review translations of COVID-19 related material from English into a variety of languages (listed below)
- Appen is working with Translators Without Borders and other partner companies to translate COVID-19 documents into a variety of languages. These documents will be used to better train machine translation engines in this particular domain. All final material produced in this project, including Translation Memory, will be freely available to the public, with the goal of spreading important information about the pandemic to other communities worldwide.
- Workers on this project will be assessing the quality of the translations from English into one of the languages listed below.
- The project rate is negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
- There are ~14,000 translated words to be reviewed in total per language, over the duration of the project.
- Work will become available at different times depending on the language. If you are selected for the project, the project manager will let you know when to expect the work. All work will be completed by the end of June 2020.
Who should apply for this project?
- We are looking for candidates with native level speaker skills and verifiable professional translation experience in the medical domain from English to one of the languages below. Linguistic experience is also a plus.
If interested, please register using our application link and make sure to add your native language when creating your profile in our system. Kindly click “qualify” beside the "Tioga" tile to apply in the project.
We are an equal opportunity company and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Looking forward in receiving your application!